Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- 6 months
- Other Documents
- Total stay is counted starting from the day of entry into Nepal.
- - Holders of confirmed onward tickets for same calendar day are permitted transit without visa in international transit area.
- Dual Nationality
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
Stay is extendable.
Travellers using any of the following 12 passports must obtain Tourist visa from Nepalese diplomatic mission (Embassies and Consulates) prior to
departure to Nepal: Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Eswatini (Swaziland), Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, Syria.
- Indian nationals travelling to Nepal by land or air do not need a visa. However, they are required to provide documents as proof of Indian nationality.
- 30 day and 60 day visas are also available on arrival, and from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions.
- For visas from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions, entry to Nepal must be within six months from the visa issue date.
- All Tourists Visas issued by Nepalese diplomatic missions and 'On Arrival' are multiple entry. Tourist Visas extended at Immigration are only multiple
entry upon payment of an extra fee.