Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- European Union passports: must be valid on the date of return. Non EU passports require three months validity on
the date of return.
- Other Documents
- Travellers require proof of sufficient funds and a return airline ticket.
- - Holders of confirmed onward tickets are permitted transit without visa in international transit area for up to 24 hours.
- Dual Nationality
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- Exemption also applies for passports of British Overseas Territories.
- For the following passports, visa exemption applies only for biometric passports: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro,
- Regarding the territories under Turkish Cypriot occupation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs warns: “Currently, it is possible for foreign visitors who
visit the government-controlled area of the Republic of Cyprus, to cross to the occupied areas. Staying in Greek Cypriots’ property, including hotels in
the occupied areas, which are being illegally exploited, would put you at great risk of possible legal action on the part of the owners. Travelers
entering the Republic of Cyprus via the illegal / closed airports and ports (i.e. all the airports and ports in the occupied areas), are in breach of
national law of the Republic of Cyprus”.