Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- Valid for the intended period of stay
- Other Documents
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat
reservation for the departure flight
- - Holders of confirmed onward tickets for same calendar day are permitted transit without visa in international transit area.
- - Passengers arriving after midnight must be escorted by the carrier to the transit hotel. If passengers wish to stay in the transit lounge, permission
from the National Immigration Agency must be obtained. Before the passengers' arrival, the
receiving carrier must be advised of the passengers' names, connecting flight number and destination.
- - Transit hotel is only available for Eva Airways (BR) and China Airlines (CI) passengers.
- Dual Nationality
If you have Taiwan/U.S. dual nationality, you must enter/exit Taiwan on your Taiwan passport and enter/exit the
United States on your U.S. passport.
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
The duration of stay is
and starts from the day after arrival.
Stay is not extendable.
- US nationals who possess a passport, including emergency passports, valid for the intended period of stay are eligible for
- Japanese nationals who possess a passport valid for the intended period of stay are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- Eswatini or Tuvalu passports with place of birth recorded on the passport data page as : Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, the People's Republic of China, Syria and Yemen are ineligible for the visa exemption.
- Honduran passports with place of birth recorded on the passport data page as the People’s Republic of China are ineligible for the visa exemption.