Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- Valid for the intended period of stay
- Other Documents
- Advisable to arrive with: (1)a fixed-date, confirmed return ticket (E-tickets are also accepted) or onward journey
ticket, (2) relevant documentation concerning itinerary (i.e. hotel reservations, conference details…), (3) proof of sufficient funds
- - Visa-exempt passports do not require a Transit Visa. For all passports, no transit visa required for transiting through
Japan within the same airport without leaving the secured area when holding onward tickets transiting on the same calendar day, or up to 72 hours through
Tokyo Haneda (HND) or Osaka Kansai (KIX).
- Dual Nationality
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- Travellers holding passports with visa exemptions permitting stays of up to 6 months under the bilateral visa exemption
(Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Switzerland, United Kingdom) who wish to stay for more than 90 days are required to apply for an
extension before the period of permitted stay expires.
- For Barbados, Turkey, and Lesotho: exemption limited to ICAO-compliant Machine-Readable Passports (MRP) or ePassports.
- For Malaysia: exemption limited to ICAO-compliant ePassports.