Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- 6 months
- Other Documents
- A visitor is also required to prove his financial ability to stay in Malaysia and possess a confirmed return travel
ticket or a travel ticket to a third country.
- - Holders of confirmed onward tickets, arriving at and departing from Kuala Lumpur (KUL), are permitted transit without visa
in international transit area for up to 24 hours. Transit without a visa is not available between Main Terminal and KLIA2.
- Dual Nationality
The Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State warns: "Malaysia does not recognize or permit dual
nationality. If Malaysian authorities learn that you are a U.S.-Malaysia dual national, they may require you to immediately forfeit your U.S. passport
or your Malaysian citizenship. U.S.-Malaysia dual nationals should consider this issue seriously before traveling to Malaysia".
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- Travelers may apply to the Immigration Department for emergency extensions of up to two months.
- Some emergency or temporary passports do not qualify for visa exemption: check Timaticweb for details.
- Any person classified under Section 8 of Immigration Act 1959/63 will not be allowed to enter Malaysia even though he/she is in possession of a valid
Passport or Travel Document, Visa, travel ticket and sufficient funds.