Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- 6 months
- Electronic Visa
Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), Department of Immigration & Emigration
- All Holiday or Business travelers to Sri Lanka must have a valid Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter.
- Travellers using the following passports are exempt from this requirement: Maldives, Singapore, Seychelles.
- For last-minute travelers who travel to Sri Lanka for tourist/transit purposes without prior ETA approval, a limited facility to obtain the ETA is available at the Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, for an additional fee.
- The ETA is initially limited to 30 days validity from the date of arrival although it may be extended for up to six (06) months.
- To stay more than 30 days for tourism purposes, apply for a long-term multiple entry tourist visa at the nearest Sri Lankan diplomatic mission.
- Other Documents
- (1) Minimum visa requirements: Issuing authority must be satisfied that traveller has adequate funds for stay and
for the payment of return passage to the country which issued passport. (2) Traveller must have return air ticket to the country of domicile or a
visa to the next destination.
- - Holders of confirmed onward tickets are permitted transit without visa in international transit area for up to 8 hours.
- Dual Nationality
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found