Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- 6 months
- Electronic Visa
E-Visa Portal, Ministry of Interior - Arab Republic of Egypt
- Alternative to Visa-On-Arrival. Must apply at least 7 days before departure.
- Currently is limited to the following 45 passports: Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA, Vatican City.
- - Transit without visa with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 48 hours. Must have documents required for the next destination.
- Dual Nationality
State Dept. cautions: "If a dual national has the annotation `Egyptian origin` on their entry visa, they will require proof of Egyptian citizenship in order to exit Egypt."
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
Stay is extendable.
- State Dept. cautions: "Egyptian immigration officials occasionally have denied entry to travelers without explanation...a visa obtained prior to entry does not guarantee admission to Egypt."
- Regarding Gaza travel, the State Dept. notes: "The Government of Egypt opens this border on an infrequent and unpredictable basis". Another source states the border opens "only for a few days per month".