Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- 6 months
- - Transit without visa with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 24 hours. Must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.
- Dual Nationality
State Dept. cautions: "The Algerian government treats dual-national Algerian-Americans who enter Algeria on an Algerian passport solely as Algerian citizens."
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- State Dept. states: "Passengers arriving via a cruise ship and who will be part of an organized shore excursion do not require a visa in advance."
- State Dept. reports: "If you have Israeli entry stamps in your passport, you may experience difficulties."
- State Dept. suggests: "When your passport is stamped upon entry, check how long you can stay. You may be able to request an extension of stay from the Ministry of Interior (Office of Foreigners)."
- The Unusual Traveler website posted on August 2018: "The Algerian visa has proven to be the single most challenging visa for me ever to obtain; two times have I gotten my application rejected without any reasons...you can only apply in your home country or country of residence. You are required to provide proof of income, health insurance, flight and hotel reservations. Its not stated on the embassy website, but I was also required to provide an Invitation from a government licences Tour Agency." Yet the article goes on to say: "I really liked Algeria; I would put Algeria into my top 10 countries I have visited in the world...I’m already planning to return for a second trip here...Hopefully, the visa process will be easier next time."