Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- 6 months
- Other Documents
- An onward or return ticket is required for entry. FAQ states: "You also will be asked to provide a valid address for your place of stay in Qatar...You are not required to produce evidence of adequate funding."
- - Qatar Airways passengers transiting in Qatar for a period of time between 5 and 96 hours can apply for entry via the no-cost Qatar Transit Visa via Qatar Airways before visit. It is valid for up to 96 hours (4 days), open to all passports, and delivered electronically.
- - Stopover passengers that do not arrange for a Transit Visa ahead of visit, but hold passports eligible for visa waiver, may still try to enter on a visa waiver, but entry will be at the discretion of the immigration officer, depending on the length of transit time indicated by the onward ticket. In general, at least a one night’s stay is expected for use of the visa waiver.
- - Transit without visa with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country within 24 hours. Must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.
- Dual Nationality
Qatar does not recognize dual nationality.
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- Visa waiver may be extended for a further 30 days. After this one allowable extension, no additional extensions will be provided. Cash is not accepted for payment for extension - only a valid credit or debit card is accepted.