Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- Must be valid for 3 months beyond departure.
- Other Documents
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs notes that this policy allows travellers "to enter, reside, work and study in
Georgia without the necessity to obtain either visa or residence permit".
- - Transit without visa with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country. Must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.
- Dual Nationality
Bureau of Consular Affairs, U.S. Department of State cautions: 'Under Georgian law, U.S.-Georgian dual-national
males between the ages of 18 and 27 may be subject to military conscription.'
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- These passports are also visa-exempt for their specified stays: Iran (45days), Chile (90/180days), Uruguay( 90days).
- Citizens of Member States of the European Union may enter Georgia with a travel document, as well as with an identity card issued by a Member State
of the European Union.