Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- Validity period of the passport or other travel document should be at least 3 months more than the validity period of the electronic visa planned to be issued.
- Electronic Visa
Republic of Azerbaijan Official Electronic Visa Portal
- E-visa application should be submitted at least 3 working days before planned travel date to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Travellers can apply to the relevant diplomatic mission of the Republic of Azerbaijan for visa in case of cancellation/denial of electronic visa.
- Other Documents
- Travellers temporarily staying in Azerbaijan for more than 10 days must register by applying online to the State Migration
Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan website (www.migration.gov.az), or by directly applying to regional migration departments within 10 days after
arriving in the country.
- - Travellers who are not going to leave the international transit area do not have to get a visa.
- Dual Nationality
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- To extend stay, apply to the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- According to Timaticweb: "Nationals of USA can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days. Passengers must arrive on a direct flight
from New York (JFK) with Azerbaijan Airlines".
- Azerbaijan Official Electronic Visa Portal warns: "Foreign nationals and stateless persons having visited the Nagorno-Karabakh and other regions of the
Republic of Azerbaijan occupied by the Republic of Armenia without an official permission of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
after 1991 may not be allowed to enter the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan regardless of whether or not they obtained an electronic visa".