Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- 6 months
- Electronic Visa
, Online Visa Application, Papua New Guinea Immigration & Citizenship Service Authority
- Select "Vistor", then "Easy Visitor Permit (60 days)"
- Alternative to Visa-On-Arrival. Fee is US$50, while applications on arrival have no fee.
- Embassy advises: "It should be noted that while entry permits for visitors will be issued on arrival, this process
obviously takes more time than for passengers with permits. For this reason, it is advisable to obtain entry permits before arrival."
- Other Documents
- Visitors must have sufficient funds and return/onward tickets to country for which entry rights are assured
(ticket may not be purchased at airport)
- - Holders of confirmed onward tickets are permitted transit without visa in international transit area for up to 8 hours.
- Dual Nationality
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- The sixty days entry permit may be extended by a maximum of thirty (30) days by application to the Minister of Foreign
Affairs and Trade.
- Embassy cautions: 'Note: Visa-on-arrival is not guaranteed, applicants are subjected to a denial of a visa...'