Pre-pandemic visa rules
- Passport Validity
- Must be valid at time of entry
- Electronic Visa
Electronic Travel Authority
- Website states: "In most cases, you will be informed of the result of your application before leaving the online ETA system. Some applications might require additional processing. If your application is not processed immediately, check back in 12 hours via Check an ETA to confirm if your application is approved."
- Other Documents
- Travel to Australia with an Electronic Travel Authority and a one-way airline ticket is permitted.
- - The Transit visa (subclass 771) permits transit through Australia for no longer than 72 hours.
- Dual Nationality
U.S. policy on dual nationality can be found
- This information is only for one type of visa: the Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601). This visa allows multiple
entry for tourism or business, for up to a year, and stays up to three months for each visit. Work is not permitted on this visa.
Penalties for deliberately breaching a visa condition include visa cancellation or being banned from returning to Australia for up to three years.